Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Birthdays Birthday(s):
Welcome

Welcome to cfastream.info where you can read the Discussion Forums on many CFA / fire fighting topics, view photos, obtain information about streaming audio, scanners and many other special member only features

View Thread
 Print Thread
CFA STICKERS
NEWBY
Today I saw a CFA sticker on a car that said "I Volunteer To Fight What You Fear". I thought that was pretty good, where do you get them? Are there any other stickers you can get?

NEWBY
Thanks, do they do bulk discounts?

I don't know what to get though. What does everyone have?

Cougar
NEWBY wrote:

*looks around for OTG*

Seriously NEWBY....if you want a sticker, get one. Asking what everyone has will provoke responses both in the affirmative and in the negative and not all of those will be complimentary - that is a (some may say unfortunate, others will say positive) fact of the stream.

I myself have nothing (just changed company cars) but on my last one only had the small CFA Volunteer windscreen sticker and a 'Touched by the Toll' sticker on the back.

I'm sure there are members of the site that have numerous stickers on their conveyances - whether they admit to it or not will be interesting to see. I do beleive however that the esteemed (and apparently sometimes pompous) Jim Braidy III does have a few stickers on his chariot; the purpose of which is more to do with holding panels together and rust minimisation rather more so than advertising any emergency service affiliation

Good luck and welcome to the stream.

Grin
cougar@cfastream.info

Shoot em all and let God sort em out!

skillsy
Cougar wrote:
... I do beleive however that the esteemed (and apparently sometimes pompous) Jim Braidy III does have a few stickers on his chariot; the purpose of which is more to do with holding panels together and rust minimisation rather more so than advertising any emergency service affiliation

Sorry to disappoint Cougs however I believe there are few if at all emergency services stickers on the JB3 Trabant.

http://www.incidentAlert.com.au
NEWBY
So what you're saying cougar is that I can't ask anyone's opinion? It was meant to be a harmless question, not one to provoke responces inthe affermitive or negative.

firebox

Baby on Board
People of all race, colour, and political persuasions can all live in harmony provided they are all properly armed.

Chippa1972
NEWBY wrote:
So what you're saying cougar is that I can't ask anyone's opinion? It was meant to be a harmless question, not one to provoke responces inthe affermitive or negative.

Stay with the site long enough and you will see what Cougar is talking about. Every member seems to have an opinion on every topic.Cool
Safety First!

uncleant
Maybe I should kick off just to provide an example Smile

It probably doesnt matter which one you get cause in the end they all say "Im a (censored)Sad"

We have to live up to expectation now that you created one Grin

Princess
Got one on the front of my car that says Princess and did have one on the back that said love me love my horse!
Oh and a small CFA vol sticker on my windscreen on the drivers side
Edited by Princess on April 07 2009 20:34:06

Aaron@RutherglenCFA
NEWBY, give it time and I am sure the thread will be locked, then deleted, and no reasons from the admins as to why

Robbo
nothing wrong with stickers NEWBY just like nothing wrong with t shirts badges or anything for that matter....some of us like them some of us dont those who dont like them and there are many on this site wont hesitate in telling you that.....

welcome to CFA Stream Grin
Robbo

www.tyabbcfa.org.au
turtle
Saw a new one this morning, "I Volunteer to be Professional". It had a simple fire helmet in the background and a flaming torch. Quite good and not overdone. I don't know where you get them from, that's all.

Pumpy
Smile
Cheers and Stay Safe out there

Pumpy

UHMWPE
The small CFA sticker I can come at. One station I was at, because of the tourists, anyone parking next to the station without one got a parking ticket.

Anything else, you may as well put a big flag and flashing light saying "CRANK".

Personally, all these other wanky stickers I just don't get. Like "I fight what you fear, CFA all the way etc...", to me it may as well just say 'Wan_ker'. And a new one, "I volunteer to be professional" WTF??
Edited by UHMWPE on May 05 2009 12:30:39

bushfiree
UHMWPE wrote:
Personally, all these other wanky stickers I just don't get. Like "I fight what you fear, CFA all the way etc...", to me it may as well just say 'Wan_ker'. And a new one, "I volunteer to be professional" WTF??

I agree, it sounds quite try hard. You might as well get a sticker saying FIGJAM (F#%@k I'm Good Just Ask Me) . Also if you get some big sticker on your car advertising the CFA or the fact that you are a fire fighter, don't forget that if you do not drive appropriately you are bringing the communities view of everyone else down.

I don't see anything worng with a small CFA sticker on the windscreen or a sticker that does not boast about how great you think you are.

Newby as you will find out on this site, as in life, opinions are like bum holes everyone has one and most are full of p...
Who cares what is written in this space?

belter
Can't beat the latest one. "Heroes among heroes". Maybe a little over the top.

Princess
Ive noticed alot of the BnS utes have CFA, I think if I can remember correctly its
Country Fire Angels, I also saw another one that said CFA, then something about heros.
Dunno if Id want one on my car but some people do! Each to their ownWink

Crank
belter wrote:
Can't beat the latest one. "Heroes among heroes". Maybe a little over the top.

Are you serious!!! Shock
I think we've just reached a new low. There really is something quite off putting about people that proclaim themselves as heroes.

bushfiree
If you need to tell others that you are so good it is probably because you are not. If you were so good it would be obvious!
Who cares what is written in this space?

Jim Braidy III
the jb3 uber trabant does have a small CFA logo centre of windscreen. on the rear (the bit pootrols look at !) there is a CFA sticker but its there for the message it conveys:

Fire + Plan = Survival

if you are going to say something, make it useful !
Simon
Communications Officer.
The "Premier Brigade"

"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair."
General George Patton

Jump to Forum:
Latest Active Forum Threads
  Thread Views Replies Last Post
Brigade Polo's
Forums (Open For Business)
3431 38 R8CFAVOL
October 20 2014 22:53:12